BHS basketball has busy summer schedule
Even though tip-off for the 2013 season is months away, the Bainbridge High School boys basketball team has been working hard to prepare.
Bainbridge coach Rickey McCullough and his staff have been putting in work with the varsity, junior varsity and ninth-grade team members. The teams started preparing in May and will continue to work hard through June.
McCullough said that in order to be successful, players have to put in many hours during the offseason, working on conditioning, rebounding, defense, offense, shooting and game situations.
“To be a successful basketball player, you have to be committed to playing and practicing all year — not just during the season,” he said.
McCullough’s teams will be attending camps at Chipola College and Florida State University. They will also have team camps at BHS, Cairo High School, Marianna (Fla.) High School and Cottondale (Fla.) High School. They will be practicing on the days they do not have camps.
McCullough and his staff invite the public to come out and support the Bearcats in their first team camp competition, which will be held this Thursday at the BHS gym. The tentative schedule is as follows:
• 2 p.m. — Bainbridge No. 1 vs. Thomasville No. 1
• 3 p.m. — Bainbridge No. 2 vs. Thomasville No. 2
• 4 p.m. — Randolph Clay vs. Thomasville No. 1
• 5 p.m. — Cairo vs. Seminole County
• 6 p.m. — Early County vs. Seminole County
• 7 p.m. — Cairo vs. Randolph Clay
• 8 p.m. — Bainbridge No. 1 vs. Early County
In addition, there will be several games for the rising freshmen and sophomore players. These games will be held Monday, June 3, at the BHS gym.
• 5 p.m. — Bainbridge vs. Cairo
• 6 p.m. — Cairo vs. Pelham
• 7 p.m. — Bainbridge vs. Pelham