Published 5:00 pm Friday, July 1, 2011
• Eden International Ministries—The church, located 2550 Old Whigham Road in Bainbridge, will be the site of appreciation programs for Prophet Calvin L. Lewis. The programs began June 30 and continue through Saturday, July 3. On Saturday, an appreciation banquet will be held with Presider Elder Earl O. Germany of the Greater Mount Calvary FBC of the Living God in Climax as speaker at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25. On Sunday, July 3, Elder Jennifer Pollock of the Tabernacle Church of Christ Written in Heaven Inc. of Gretna, Fla., will be speaker at 4 p.m.
• Lord’s Lighthouse Church—The church, located on Highway 84 in Climax, has been holding a camp meeting that began June 29 and continues July 2 and 3 with guests from Alabama and Tennessee preaching and singing. Morning services are at 10 a.m. with breakfast served and evening at 7 p.m. with supper served.
• New Home Free Will Baptist Church—The church, located 125 Church Road near Vada, will have Homecoming Sunday, July 3. Sunday School is at 10, worship at 11 and lunch at 12:30. The Parish Family will be singing at 1:30 p.m.
• Celebration Baptist Church—The church, located 3039 Faceville Hwy., will host Christian vocal recording artist Dwayne Burke on Sunday, July 3, at the 11 a.m. service.
•Swanswall M.B. Church—The church, located on Swanswall Road in Brinson, will observe Pastor Percy E. Leggett Jr.’s 12th anniversary on Sunday, July 3, at 11:30 a.m. Minister Tim Donalson will be event speaker on the theme “One plants, one nourishes and God gives the increase.”
• Mount Zion M.B. Church—The church, located 516 Hanover Road in Bainbridge, will have its annual revival July 4 to July 8 at 7:30 p.m. each night. The Rev. Cleveland Sanders will be the guest speaker on the theme of “Stand on God’s Word. It Never Changes.”
• St. Joseph Catholic Church—The church, located 1207 Randolph St., will have a Christmas in July sale in the Church Hall on July 8 and 9, featuring treasures, baked goods and Latin foods. Hours on Friday are 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. Proceeds go to support religious education for the children.
• First African Baptist Church—The church, located 115 Church Street in West Bainbridge, will have a celebration on July 9 at 6 p.m. honoring the Rev. and Mrs. J.C. Jackson for 43 years service as pastor of the congregation. Rev. Jackson is retiring his pastorate.
• St. Thomas M.B. Church—The church, located 198 Edward Road, Fowlstown, will observe Women’s Day program on Sunday, July 10, at 2 p.m. Guest minister the Rev. David Johnson and Union Baptist M.B. Church will present the program “Women on the rise for Christ.”
• Jesus Christ Deliverance Church—The church, located 836 Moore St., in Bainbridge, will observe pastor appreciation days July 11-17 at 7:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday and at 12 Bees are necessary for the pollination of plants and horticulturists have been concerned over recent years as many bee colonies are mysteriously dying out. Many commercial crops benefit by bee pollination and some beekeepers lease their hives to fruit and vegetable growers whose crops benefit from pollination. noon on Sunday.
• Bethlehem Freewill Baptist Church—The church, located 1810 S. West St., will host a week of Revival beginning July 18-22 at 7:30 nightly. Guest speaker will be Bishop Frederick Williams of Gethsemane Worship Center, Albany.
• Mount Olive A.M.E. Church—The church, located Highway 309 in Attapulgus, will have a Family and Friend Celebration on Sunday, July 31, at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be the Rev. John Gardner, pastor of Second Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church of Quincy. Refreshments will be served.
• Women Breaking the Silence Conference 2011—Led by Apostle Jacquelyn Porter, the conference will take place nightly at 4801 Woodland Circle in Tallahassee on Aug. 4-8 at 7 p.m. nightly on the theme, “I’ve been provoked to produce.”