What to expect at the COVID-19 Drive-Thru Sample Collection
If your healthcare provider determines your need for COVID-19 testing, they will fax an order to the MHM Laboratory at 229-243-3329. Our Collection site is 1500 E. Shotwell St, Bainbridge, Ga. in the front drive of the hospital. The sample collection site will be open this Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:30 am-11:00 am.
Please read the following instructions carefully.
- You should proceed to the sample collection site once an order has been sent by your provider to perform sample collection.
- Limit the number of people in your car to only the person being tested and a driver, if necessary.
- Stay in your car at all times. Leave your windows up until asked to roll them down, then roll your window back up.
- Provide the name of your ordering physician and an ID for verification – this will be matched to the order from your provider. You must have an ID for sample collection to be performed. Please have any insurance card ready, as well.
- A lab employee will ask you to lower your window and swab your nose.
- Once you have been swabbed, roll your window back up and return to your home and follow your physician’s instructions. No work excuses or treatment will be provided at this site.
- All samples will be sent to LabCorp for COVID-19 testing.
- Do not contact the lab for your results.
- Your ordering healthcare provider will receive your results.
- Current turnaround time for testing is 5-8 days.
- Contact your primary healthcare provider for any questions.