County commissioners hold first October meeting, discuss vehicle and road plans

Published 10:32 am Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

The Decatur County Commissioners met for their first meeting of the month Tuesday morning. The first item under new business was discussing a vehicle lease program with Todd Likens, who discussed the program at length with the commissioners. The commissioners next discussed the approval of a GDOT contract to design Runway 14/32’s rehabilitation, as well as considering approval of the engineering design and bid services for the runway for Passero Associates. One thing of note for the GDOT contract mentioned was that the usual funding split would not apply to this runway project; for this project, the state would handle 75% of the cost, leaving the county to pick up the remaining 25%. That amount is about $30,723.75.

Other items discussed on the agenda included the approval of a proclamation for Retired Educators Day, as well as a GDOT road redesign request at the intersection of State Route 1 and Woodhull Road, specifically an RCUT. The commissioners agreed to take no action on the request.

Email newsletter signup