Envision Credit Union awards grants to local businesses
Published 9:50 am Thursday, December 3, 2020
Envision Credit Union (Envision) has announced the winners of their campaign to benefit small businesses and community members in the North Florida and South Georgia area. After winning a $6,500 grant from Southeastern Credit Union for their work supporting local businesses at the start of COVID-19, the credit union chose to use these funds to promote and support the businesses that directly impact their local community. After a public voting period where more than 100 businesses were nominated, 13 winners have been chosen to receive $500 each in order to offer a special promotion that will provide a small benefit to those who wish to support them this year on Small Business Saturday.
“Our goal at Envision has always been to give back to the local community and support those who need it most, especially during these challenging times,” said Kelli Water, Vice President of Community Development at Envision Credit Union. “We were honored to win this grant from Southeastern Credit Union and are proud to be able to turn these funds directly back around to the community. We hope to continue fostering a sense of support for local businesses, while also lessening the financial burden for those who may be struggling with reduced income but would still like to continue supporting their favorite businesses.”
The 13 winning businesses chosen to each receive a $500 grant are:
• Gaines Street Pies, Capital Circle location (Tallahassee, FL)
• Burrito Boarder (Tallahassee, FL)
• The Crum Box (Tallahassee, FL)
• Tasty Pastry Bakery (Tallahassee, FL)
• S&B Quality Carpet Cleaning (Tallahassee, FL)
• Sweet Beans Coffee House (Marianna, FL)
• Southern Craft Creamery (Marianna, FL)
• Northside Seafood (Chattahoochee, FL)
• Rutabaga Café (Chattahoochee, FL)
• Reeves Gifts, Jewelry, and More (Bainbridge, GA)
• The American (Bainbridge, GA)
• Ms. Kitty’s Feline Sanctuary (Thomasville, GA)
Sweet Cacao Chocolates (Thomasville, GA)
Email newsletter signup
As a way to say “thank you” to the community for nominating them and to Envision Credit Union for awarding them, The American offered free appetizers to guests who mentioned Envision’s post on Small Business Saturday.
On Saturday The American saw the full support of the community and said they saw multiple customers dining and buying gift cards to support their small, family run business.