Electrical fire leaves family’s home a total loss

Published 2:57 pm Friday, October 9, 2020

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...



Tragedy befell the Southall family Monday night, when an electrical outlet set fire to their house.

Email newsletter signup

Former residents of Bainbridge, Cory and Hannah Southall currently reside in Moultrie with their two children. With the fire having spread too close to the front door, the family was forced to flee out a window. They have since been able to find a place to stay nearby, though most of their belongings were lost in the fire. The only things that managed to survive were Cory’s guns, as well as one of their children’s first Bibles, which were locked up in a gun safe.

With no renter’s insurance, the family has been receiving donations to help get them back on their feet, with beds, a couch and clothes among the donations already received.

“We are just blessed with everything and everyone,” Hannah said in an interview.

Donations can be sent to Cory Southall’s place of employment at 240 Bill Smith Road, Moultrie, or to his mother, Priscilla Southall, at 2045 Belcher Lane, Bainbridge.

Items requested include clothes, especially jackets, and toys appropriate for a child and a baby. Sippy cups and size 5 diapers are also needed, as well as basic household appliances.