Grubhub app opens delivery options for Bainbridge restaurants
Published 4:11 pm Tuesday, February 5, 2019
With the revitalization of downtown and storefronts, restaurants recently decided to update the way their customers can dine as well. Restaurants such as The American, Bonnie Blue House and J3 Barbeque and Homemade Ice Cream have teamed up with the website and app, Grubhub to get food delivered to customer’s doors.
Grubhub is “the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering and delivery marketplace.” Customers simply click on the restaurant they want take out from, and Grubhub picks it up and delivers it to their door. There is no minimum purchase amount and it takes out the hassle of having to get dressed and go inside to pick up something.
Grubhub takes 30 percent of the profit, while the restaurant retains the remaining 70 percent. Customers can tip their drivers, though for their services.
Email newsletter signup
“Delivery will be a cool feature for people around here, since currently it is only available for pizza places,” said Heather Thomas of The American.
Jared Godwin, owner of Bonnie Blue House said currently Grubhub doesn’t have enough drivers, but once it catches on he thinks it will be great for the community.
Godwin has already had two people order through the service. He realizes not everyone is aware it is being offered yet, so he hopes to have more orders once people are aware.
To order through the service, customers can download the Grubhub app or visit Grubhub.com. They then can type in their zip code or city and all of the available options will show.
Customers can request for immediate delivery or click if they are willing to wait, and it will provide a wait time for the food requested.
The restaurants are excited about this new capability and hope residents will take advantage of the option.