SW Georgia Market median sales price up 12 percent
Published 4:26 pm Friday, July 14, 2017
The SW Georgia Board of REALTORS® has released its fourth quarter housing indicators report, which includes statistics for the 12 months ended 06/30/2017. Compared to 2016, the following numbers show an increase of both the Median Sales Price and the Average Sales price while the number of active listings fell 8%:
• Median Sales Price is up 12% to $95,000
• Average Sales Price is up 2% to $111,962
• Pending Sales are up from 86 to 97
• Days on Market Until Sold are down 10% percent to 219 days on average
• New Listings are about level at 1022
• Active listings are down from 415 to 383
The SWGA housing indicators report is derived from data from Multiple Listing Services from the Southwest Georgia Board of REALTORS®. (SW Georgia MLS), While 100 percent of all activity in the SW Georgia is not accounted for, the indicators do give a sample of the housing market activity and trends for SW Georgia. However, activity does vary across the state.
The SW Georgia Board of REALTORSS® is a voluntary professional association of approximately 100 licensed real estate brokers and salespersons engaged in all aspects of the real estate business in Southwest Georgia.