Save time over the holidays with online drivers services
Published 7:15 pm Tuesday, December 20, 2016
From Staff Reports
Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) Commissioner Bert Brantley urges customers to check for driver license and ID services online – even during the Agency’s holiday closings. “DDS online services are available around the clock even though our offices will observe holiday hours over the next few weeks,” said Commissioner Brantley. “If you must visit in person, checking wait times online and submitting your paperwork using Skip A Step! before arriving will improve your wait time.”
Email newsletter signup
Commissioner Brantley also reminds air travelers to check the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) website at https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification for a list of acceptable identity documents. Anyone with a temporary license or ID (paper copy) should bring additional identification.
Many transactions can be done via computer or cellphone including:
· Skip a Step! Submit your paperwork before arriving at a DDS location for faster service.
· Replace a lost or stolen license AND drive on the receipt until the card is delivered
Renew Online (if you have a Gold Star on your license and are age 64 or younger)
Check wait times by location
· Change your address
· View, print or email details on your Suspension or Reinstatement
· Pay any Super Speeder, Reinstatement or Pending Suspension fines and/or fees
· Check your license status especially after paying tickets to verify that your driving record has been updated
· Request your Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
All DDS Customer Service Centers will be closed Saturday, December 24 through Tuesday, December 27 and will reopen on Wednesday, December 28, 2015. The first business day following a closure is typically very busy statewide, so please plan accordingly.