Have a spirited holiday while traveling around Georgia’s resorts
By Carolyn Iamon
Previous articles have given tips on readying your house for the holidays and guests. This article is for those who are planning to get away from it all and stay in one of Georgia’s resorts. Or, just try these yummy sounding recipes out on your guests in your own home.
They are all compliments of Coral Hospitality, the management company of six resort properties in Georgia.
Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, Cordele, Ga.
• Bourbon Spiked Hot Apple Cider: Includes 4 cups of apple cider, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tablespoon of orange juice, 3 whole cloves, 1 star anise and Amador double barrel bourbon.
• Cranberry Old Fashion: Includes 1 orange wedge, 1 sugar cube, a dash of bitters, crushed ice, 1/4 cup of Breckinridge bourbon, 2 tablespoons of whole-berry cranberry sauce and club soda.
• Cider Bourbon Jam Cocktail: Includes 3 ounces of apple cider, 1 1/2 ounces of Woodford Reserve bourbon, 1 teaspoon of jam, 2 ounces of ginger beer, freshly grated nutmeg and dried apples.
• Apple Cider Margarita: Includes 1 ounce of Cambier orange liquor, 1 ounce of Herradura Anejo, 5 to 6 ounces sweet apple cider, orange segments and apple slices, cinnamon, cane sugar and a coarse sugar rimmed glass.
• Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Milkshake: Includes 2 cups of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of cream or half and half, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 2/3 cup of pureed pumpkin, 1/2 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2 to 3 ounces of Jack Daniels and frosting and sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar, for rimmed glass.
• Apple Cider Sangria: Includes 1 bottle of Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio, 2 1/2 cups of fresh apple cider, 1 cup of club soda, 1/2 cup of King’s Ginger brandy, 3 chopped honey crisp apples and 3 chopped pears.
• Creamsicle Mimosa: Includes 3/4 cup of orange juice, 2 ounces of Absolut Vanillin Vodka, 1 bottle of Wycliff Brut and whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish.
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, Dawsonville, Ga.
* Bourbon Spiked Hot Apple Cider: Includes 4 cups apple cider, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tablespoon orange juice, 3 whole cloves, 1 star anise and bourbon.
* Cranberry Old Fashioned Cocktail: Includes 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 2 dashes of orange bitters, 2 ounces of cranberry infused bourbon and a twist of orange rind.
Unicoi State Park & Lodge, Helen, Ga.
• Pumpkintini: Includes pumpkin spiced vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream, half and half, cinnamon stick and a rim of cinnamon, sugar and pecans.
• Appalachian Harvest: Includes Georgia bourbon, apple liquor, cranberry juice, local apple slices and speared local apple squares.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, Young Harris, Ga.
• Pumpkin and Apple Cider Fizz: Includes 1.5 ounces pumpkin puree, 1.5 ounces vanilla vodka, 2 ounces apple cider and 1.5 ounces ginger bee
Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge, Helena, Ga.
• Santa’s Candy Cane: Includes one ounce of vanilla rum, 1 ounce of Godiva chocolate liqueur and 1 ounce of peppermint schnapps.
George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge, Fort Gaines, Ga.
• Spiced Pumpkin Cider: Includes pumpkin and spice infused vodka, apple cider, club soda and an apple slice garnish.