Home destroyed by fire Saturday

Published 11:06 am Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A family of four saw their home severely damaged by fire on Saturday night, according to Decatur County Fire and Rescue.
At 11:06 p.m., E-911 dispatched a report of a fire at 2371 Spring Creek Road, about four miles southwest of Bainbridge. The home belongs to Daryl and Shari Griffin and their two teenage children, Preston (son) and McKay (daughter). The family was not at home when the fire broke out and were uninjured.
Decatur County Fire and Rescue firefighters responded to the scene to fight the fire, which apparently started in a bedroom in the rear of the home. The last firefighters cleared the scene at 1:04 a.m. Sunday.
Daryl Griffin said he was told the fire may have been caused by faulty electrical wiring in the home, which was built in the 1950s.
Mr. Griffin said his family was staying with his wife’s mother for the time being. However, he said the family lost all of its clothing and possessions in the fire.
Those who would like to help the family can call (229) 205-9621 or (229) 495-9255.

Email newsletter signup