Post-Searchlight earns 8 advertising awards
Published 7:46 am Tuesday, April 17, 2012
The Post-Searchlight’s advertising department won eight awards, including four first-place awards, at the Georgia Press Association’s annual advertising conference and awards banquet held last week in St. Simons Island, Ga.
In the GPA competition, The Post-Searchlight competes against all other state newspapers that publish more than weekly, but less than daily. Members of the Louisiana Press Association judged ads that appeared in the newspapers during the 2011 calendar year.
“While we are flattered and honored to be recognized by our peers all around the state, our greatest satisfaction comes from helping our customers and partners meet their marketing objectives that ultimately ring their cash registers,” said Jeff Findley, publisher of The Post-Searchlight. “We have an outstanding sales staff here and our creative and composition team does a great job.”
First Place awards include:
• Best Apparel, Jewelry, and Accessory ad: Roberts Pharmacy
• Best Small Page Ad: Harrell King Heating and Air Conditioning
• Best Miscellaneous Ad: Spring Hill Christmas Tree Farm
• Best Food and Drink Ad: Olive Grove Fine Wine & Spirits
Second Place awards include:
• Best Use of Color in an Ad: South Georgia Ballet
• Best Motor Vehicle Ad in Color: Action GM of Bainbridge
• Best Apparel, Jewelry and Accessory Ad: Bainbridge Pharmacy
• Best Service/Institutional Ad: Rotary Club of Bainbridge.