Dear Mayor Reynolds

Published 8:05 pm Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Who do I call if there’s a pothole on my road?

This is a great question. If you live in the city limits, I’m sure your first thought is to call the City of Bainbridge. However, there are some roads within the city limits that are maintained by the county or by the state (DOT). For example, if you live on a state road or highway, it is DOT’s responsibility to take care of your pothole.

No matter who maintains your road, if you live within the city limits and need to report a pothole, contact the city’s Public Works Department to let them know and they will determine who maintains your road. From there, they will contact the appropriate group to take care of your road. To reach the city’s Public Works Department, call 248-2015 or you can report a pothole online at Once on the City’s main page, click on “Site Tools,” then “Action Center.”

Email newsletter signup

Mayor Reynolds