Suspect flees from road check
Published 8:19 pm Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Georgia State Patrol troopers were conducting a license and seat belt check early Sunday when a driver refused to stop.
Shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday morning, troopers were conducting the check on Calhoun Street in Bainbridge when the driver of a Chevrolet Caprice didn’t even slow down as he drove straight through the license checkpoint, even as state troopers yelled and flashed their flashlights.
State troopers Kyle Duke and Jeromy Roberts gave chase following the car onto Scott Street and then onto MLK Jr. Drive where the driver finally pulled over.
According to incident reports, the driver, Lequintin Rashad Williams, 18, exhibited slurred speech and he smelled strongly of alcohol. When troopers searched Williams for a weapon, they discovered six or seven plastic bags containing suspected marijuana in his pants pocket.
Williams, of 179 Fountain Road, Bainbridge, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, DUI and no seat belt.
Two weekend fights occur
Officers responded to two separate fights that occurred at night spots in Decatur County over the weekend.
Shortly before 2 a.m. on Saturday, Decatur County Sheriff’s deputies were called out to LaCounts, a business at 2550 Old Whigham Road in Bainbridge that is commonly rented out for parties.
When deputies, BPS officers and state troopers arrived, Deputy Steve Black spoke with Rashal Christian, who had been struck by a beer bottle during a fight that had occurred between him and his brother against two other individuals. Christian was taken to Memorial Hospital in Bainbridge for treatment.
The owner of the building, Johnny LaCount, told deputies he wanted to have the person responsible for starting the fight removed from the property. Sheriff’s deputies routinely respond to E-911 calls concerning neighbors’ complaints about loud music and fighting at LaCount’s. BPS officers are then called to clear the parking lots of Shotwell Street businesses after the parties end.
Sheriff’s deputies also responded to a report of a fight and vehicle damage at Dowdell’s Lounge in Fowlstown on Saturday night.
Dog bite occurs in city
A woman went to the hospital on Jan. 17 after being attacked by a dog.
The 21-year-old woman told police she was walking in the area of Scott and West streets at around 10 p.m. when she noticed a large dog standing on the side of the road. She said the dog attacked her and bite marks were visible on her right shoulder, torso area and lower back, according to incident reports.
The woman was unable to give a description of the animal.
Arrests & Citations
The following arrests and citations, occurring between Jan. 18-22, have been reported by Bainbridge Public Safety and the Decatur County Jail:
• Labbarron Medgard Thomas, 36, 3767 Fowlstown Road, Bainbridge, probation violation—original charges of driving on suspended license and tag violations, SO;
• Gerald Lamont Trip, 30, Colquitt, Ga., DUI, driving while license suspended/revoked, open container, speeding, SO;
• Elizabeth Thelma Trower, 19, 125 Henry Lane, Bainbridge, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Kenneth Bernard White, 37, Panama City, Fla., parole violation—original charge possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, SO;
• Melvin Williams, 39, 108 Slough Loop Road, Bainbridge, disorderly conduct, BPS;
• Whitney D. Williams, 21, Cairo, Ga., driving while license suspended or revoked, speeding, BSP;
• Anjoli Monique Miller, 21, 3995 Bethel Road, Brinson, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Veronica Yvette Anderson, 19, 1105 Lake Drive, Apt. 104, Bainbridge, probation violation—original charge disorderly conduct, BPS;
• Jeremiah Baker Jr., 20, 1512 E. Water St., Bainbridge, contempt of court (two counts), SO;
• Carlos Cariallo James, 32, 1012 Powell St., Bainbridge, cruelty to children, simple battery, false report of a crime, SO;
• William James Johnson, 38, 2024 Central Drive, Bainbridge, criminal trespass, SO;
• Willie Price, Jr., 58, 1732 Bethel Road, Apt. 2-B, DUI, driving while license suspended or revoked, failure to maintain lane, BPS;
• Kendrick Caldwell, 19, 902 James St., Bainbridge, failure to appear—original charge driving while unlicensed, SO;
• Vallery Marie Caldwell, 37, 902 James St., Bainbridge, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Erica Michelle Allen, 18, 1116, MLK Jr. Drive, Bainbridge, disorderly conduct, BPS;
• George Allen Andrews, 52, 170 Andrews Ave., Bainbridge, failure to stop for stop sign, fleeing or attempting to elude, DUI, failure to maintain lane, obstruction, open container, refusing to sign citation, BPS;
• Carl Henry Boothe, 64, Valdosta, Ga., failure to appear—original charge failure to register for sex offender, SO;
• Ellis Christopher Borden, 24, 1039 E. Evans St., Bainbridge, driving while license suspended or revoked, GSP;
• Allen Michael Crocket, 23, Iron City, Ga., DUI, driving without license on person, speeding, GSP;
• Darria Tyrone Gammons, 47, Marianna, Fla., parole violation—original charge possession of cocaine, Georgia Board of Pardons and Parole;
• Franklin O’Neal Gause, 25, 148 Boyde Road, Bainbridge, DUI, driving without license, no insurance, duty upon striking fixture, failure to stop for stop sign, BPS;
• Daniel Scott Glass, 44, 2554 Lake Douglas Road, Bainbridge, DUI, GSP;
• Laura Oates Holley, 26, Cairo, Ga., DUI, GSP;
• Cashonda Felicia Jackson, 27, 2206 Fowlstown Road, Lot 8, Bainbridge, disorderly conduct, interfering with law enforcement, BPS;
• Jermaine Jackson, 32, 200 S. Miller Ave., Bainbridge, possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, BPS;
• Eddie Marquez, 23, Moultrie, Ga., giving false name, interfering with officer, driving without license, fleeing or attempting to elude, BPS;
• Donice James Moulton, 30, 1011 E. Broughton St., Bainbridge, failure to appear—original charge theft by taking, SO;
• Shelby Coleman Roney, 34, Donalsonville, Ga., parole violation—original charge possession pseudophedrine, BPS;
• Joe Frank Seward, 50, Attapulgus, Ga., driving while license suspended or revoked, failure to maintain lane, DUI, SO;
• Curtis Lee Harris, 28, 851 MLK Jr. Drive, Apt. 4-A, Bainbridge, probation violation—original charge disorderly conduct, SO;
• Cody Terrell Stinson, 30, 710 Gordon Avenue, Apt. H-32, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Eddie Andrew Jackson, 19, 2980 Tallahassee Hwy., Bainbridge, obstruction, BPS;
• Nathaniel Baulkman, 68, 912 N. Sims St., Apt. 18-A, Bainbridge, public drunkenness, disorderly conduct, BPS;
• Bobby Pough, 17, 651 Broughton St., Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Marko Samuel, 17, 1309 Troupe St., Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Krystal Linsey, 25, 864 Colquitt Hwy., Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS.