Baggy pants wearer arrested
Published 3:44 pm Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Bainbridge Public Safety have made their first arrest for wearing baggy pants in violation of city ordinance.
The city ordinance prohibits the wearing of pants or shorts below the waist in a manner that exposes undergarments.
Derrick Demond Edison, 24, of Camilla, was arrested Saturday, Jan. 10, for indecent exposure in violation of city ordinance 64-16.
Email newsletter signup
According to incident reports, Bainbridge Public Safety Officers Rusty Day and Collin Hastey were patrolling the 1100 block of East Troup Street searching for a stolen bicycle. The officers observed a male riding a pink bicycle with his pant low on his body, exposing his undergarments. Officers stopped Edison on Sims Street and he was placed under arrest for violating the city ordinance, which was passed on Dec. 16, 2008.
Suspected meth lab searched
Sheriff’s deputies are seeking a man wanted on a charge of the manufacture of methamphetamine, or meth, after conducting a search warrant on a Decatur County home.
On Saturday, Jan. 10, Capt. Chip Nix received information that methamphetamine was being produced at 127 Aryola Drive. Sheriff’s investigators went to the home and spoke with a resident of the home, 28-year-old Richard Sims.
Investigators secured the home as they awaited a search warrant for the residence. Sims left the property after being notified he was not under arrest during the process of securing the home due to a lack of probable cause to detain anyone at the home, Nix said.
During a search of the residence, investigators found materials commonly used to produce meth, a powder believed to be pseudoephedrine, meth residue, various other drug paraphernalia and an unknown substance that was sent to the lab for analysis, Nix said.
Investigators spoke with the owner of the home but no evidence was found that he was involved in illegal activity, Nix said.
Warrants were taken for Sims for unlawful possession of pseudoephedrine, manufacturing and possession of meth, according to Nix.
Nix said it is an ongoing investigation and other warrants may be taken pending lab results on the unidentified substance found.
More than $2,000 worth of herbicides were reported stolen from a local farm.
On Dec. 19, an employee of P.G.C. Farm, located on Yates Spring Road in Brinson, Ga., reported a burglary. The employee showed Decatur County Sheriff’s deputies a broken chain on the property’s chemical building. It was reported that 24 jugs of liquid herbicide were stolen from the building with an estimated value of $2,243.
Arrests & Citations
The following arrests and citations, occurring between Jan. 6 to 9, have been reported by Bainbridge Public Safety and the Decatur County Jail:
• Sharon Denise Anderson, 22, 1105 Lake Drive, Apt. 1205, Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Cassandra Renee Cooper, 22, 108 S. Sims St., Apt. 6-C, Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Kaleena Shantel Goss, 25, 108 S. Sims St., Apt. 6-B, theft by shoplifting, BPS;
• Thomas Clinton Shearer, 31, Sylvester, Ga., probation violation—original charge theft by receiving , SO;
• Gregory Eugene Smiley, 44, 630 Fleming St., Bainbridge, parole violation—original charge possession of cocaine, SO;
• Mary Harrell Dean, 58, 228 Deese Road, Bainbridge, DUI, failure to maintain lane, GSP;
• Herman Williams, 51 812 Sharpe St., Bainbridge, sale of controlled substance (crack cocaine), SO;
• Alfredia Davis, 23, Colquitt, Ga., shoplifting, BPS;
• Derrick Edward Crews, 23, 817 Colquitt Hwy., Bainbridge, DUI, open container, BPS;
• Reginal Alonzo Green, 37, 1105 Lake Drive, Bainbridge, contempt of court—original charge child support, SO;
• Ashley Leah Miller, 23, 1210 Yates Spring Road, Brinson, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Doris Perkins, 39, 230 Slough Loop Road, Bainbridge, simple assault, SO;
• Sherman Terail Raymond, 39, 178 Slough Loop Road, Bainbridge, criminal damage to property (first degree), SO;
• Joseph Deandra Smiley, 26, 7778 Tallahassee Hwy., Attapulgus, probation violation—original charge sale of marijuana, probation violation—original charge sale of marijuana, SO;
• Latisha Nicole Austin, 34, 120 E. College St., Bainbridge, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Sean Michael Bell, 21, Tallahassee, Fla., disorderly conduct, littering, SO;
• Lynn Holley Bryan, 30, 150 Crawford Road, Bainbridge, probation violation—original charge burglary, SO;
• Jeffrey Alvin Parker, 32, 168 Redwood Drive, Bainbridge, unlawful possession of pseudoephedrine, possession of methamphetamine, manufacturing methamphetamine in the presence of a child, SO;
• Anthony Belafonte Smith, 40, 844 MLK Drive, Bainbridge, contempt of court—original charge child support, SO;
• Billy James Tillman, 48, 423 N. Lamar St., Bainbridge, deposit account fraud (two counts), SO;
• James Rodney King, 28, Perry, Fla., DUI, open container, failure to maintain lane, GSP;
• Javarrus Montell Lawrence, 18, 105 Dow Jones Road, Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Ruben Andrade Martinez, 33, Cairo, Ga., DUI, driving without license, failure to maintain lane, SO;
• Anthony Paul Mirick, 41, 124 Village Lane, Attapulgus, speeding, DUI, GSP;
• Yalonda Johnson Parker, 29, 106 Lance Circle, Bainbridge, failure to maintain lane—original charge failure to send child to school (two counts), SO;
• Cathy Perkins, 36, 358 N. 2nd St., Colquitt, Ga., disorderly conduct, BPS;
• Ashton Neil Rowell, 18, 211 Riverchase Drive, Bainbridge, theft by taking, SO;
• Gwendolyn Mechelle Clary, 19, 401 N. First St., Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Melvin Williams, 39, 108 Slough Loop Road, Bainbridge, loitering and prowling, soliciting without a permit, obstruction, BPS;
• Jimmy Lee Samuels, 38, 2554 Lake Douglas Road, Lot 16, Bainbridge, no insurance, driving while unlicensed, BPS.