BHS student, father injured in wreck
Published 5:23 pm Thursday, November 6, 2008
A Bainbridge High School student and his father were injured in a Monday evening wreck, according to the Sheriff’s Office and Georgia State Patrol.
John Jemanez Sr. and his son, John Jr., were injured in a wreck off Georgia 309 South about 7:40 p.m. Monday after the elder Jemanez swerved to avoid a cow in the roadway, said Trooper 1st Class Jeromy Roberts of the GSP’s Colquitt post. Roberts said the Jemanezes’ Chevrolet Malibu went into a ditch and overturned. Neither father or son were wearing their seat belts, according to Roberts.
Although the Jemanezes were initially taken by ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Bainbridge, Bainbridge High School Principal Tommie Howell said they were later transferred to a Tallahassee, Fla., hospital for further evaluation.
Sheriff Wiley Griffin said he understood the Jemanezes’ both had injuries to their neck areas.
Howell said Jemanez is a freshman student at BHS and a member of the boys’ cross country team.
Sketch artist aids investigation
When there aren’t many leads to follow, law enforcement quite often enlist help from other departments or agencies.
Last week, a woman awoke shortly before 8 a.m., to find a man in her bedroom of her home on Cooler Road. The man attacked her and she fought back. After the struggle, the attacker fled into the wooded area surrounding the home.
Decatur County Sheriff’s Officers arrived and enlisted the help of the Apalachee Correctional Institute tracking dogs to search for the man. The suspect was not located.
This week DCSO Investigator Redell Walton took the woman who was attacked to Cordele, Ga., to meet with a sketch artist from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Intelligence Unit out of Atlanta.
Walton described the process as fascinating. He said the female artist brought with her more than 100 photographs, which she showed to the victim to describe the facial features of her attacker.
If you think you may know the suspect shown in the rendering contact the DCSO Criminal Investigations Division at (229) 248-2105.
Arrests & Citations
The following incomplete list of arrests and citations, occurring between Oct. 30-Nov. 4, have been reported by Bainbridge Public Safety and the Decatur County Jail:
• Leroy Evans, Jr., 28, 107 Viola Lane, Attapulgus, contempt of court—original charge child support, SO;
• Calvin Hartsfield, 46, 258 Leon St., Brinson, Ga., contempt of court—original charge child support, SO;
• Martin Louis Stevens, 32, 123 Garland Ave., Bainbridge, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness, littering, BPS;
• Alberta Michelle Alajaji, 40, 2008 Ashton Way, Bainbridge, DUI, failure to maintain lane, BPS;
• Charlie Bell III, 34, 409 Burgess St., Bainbridge, probation violation, BPS;
• Quintin Hundrey Bouie, 40, 200 Louise St., Bainbridge, criminal damage to property (first degree), SO;
• James Darnell Butler, 20, 180 Dow Jones Road, Bainbridge, consumption of alcohol by minor, BPS;
• Lea Kasey McNease, 21, 130 Rich Lane, Bainbridge, obstruction (misdemeanor), BPS;
• Ipolito Ortiz, 22, 909 Palm St., Bainbridge, shoplifting (first offense), BPS;