Church theft arrests made
Gadsden County, Fla., Sheriff’s deputies recently responded to an alarm at the Hardaway Assembly Church of God. When they arrived they found Kevin Cribley, 48, and his sister-in-law, Tamara Cribley, 48, inside and a van running outside, GCSO Lt. Larry Smith told The Gadsden County Times.
According to the article, the two are suspected of robbing four other churches and a store including Celebration Church in Bainbridge and Recovery Methodist Church in Recovery, Ga.
In addition, wire and cable believed to have been stolen from a South Georgia cellular tower construction site was found at their home in Chattahoochee, Fla.
Other items found at the residence of the two include a flat screen television, computer, laptop, VCR, food believed to have been taken from church kitchens, church offering envelopes, various tools, medicines, an air-conditioner, cigarettes, lighters and snacks.
Smith also said they have traced much of the stolen property to pawn shops and salvage yards in Decatur County and Gadsden, Leon and Jackson counties in Florida.
Both suspects were charged with burglary, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
Arrest made for homicide by vehicleThe driver of the truck that struck a deer and then crashed into a tree killing one of the passengers on Oct. 10 was arrested this week following his release from the hospital.
Juan Morales Garcia, 26, of Marianna, Fla., was arrested by Decatur County Sheriff’s Deputies on Wednesday.
Garcia was charged with homicide by vehicle in the first degree, DUI, driving without a license, failure to maintain lane and no insurance.
Alberto Pablo, 25, also of Marianna, was the passenger killed in the crash.
Details pertaining to the accident will be available when the Georgia State Patrol SCRT teams’ report is made available.
Identity theftsTwo incidents of identity theft were reported to the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office.
On Oct. 6, a woman reported she had gone to Alltel to put a cell phone in her name. She said the person that ran her credit informed her she had more than $5,000 in bad credit. The employee told her she could not give any more information on the status of her credit except that a person had used her Social Security number with a different name somewhere else in the state of Georgia.
On Oct. 10, a woman reported discovering three fraudulent charges made to her bank account. Two of the charges made amounted to under $3 and the third charge of $1,460.19 was for the purchase of jewelry.
Arrests & CitationsThe following arrests and citations, occurring between Oct. 13-17, have been reported by Bainbridge Public Safety and the Decatur County Jail:
• James Ray Stevens, 20, 484 Eddie Avery Road, Bainbridge, DUI, failure to stop upon striking fixture, failure to stop at accident with damage, BPS;
• Eric Dewayne Blocker, 33, 109 Edgewood Drive, Bainbridge, theft by taking, SO;
• Joseph Kelvin Crawford, 36, 148 Buckhead Drive, Bainbridge, driving while license suspended or revoked, SO;
• Nikki Nicole Hall, 28, 148 Clear Lake Drive, Bainbridge, obtaining or attempting to obtain controlled substance by fraud, SO;
• Kelly Devon Torres, 19, 1108 MLK Drive, Bainbridge, burglary, BPS;
• Michael Dwayne Torres, 18, 1108 MLK Drive, Bainbridge, burglary, BPS;
• Allison Arsenault, 19, 230 Bennett Rentz Road, Bainbridge, no insurance, driving while license suspended or revoked, BPS;
• Roderick Andrews, 19, 720 Georgia Ave., Bainbridge, shoplifting (first offense), BPS;
• Derrick Deon Walker, 18, 710 Gordon Ave., Apt. H-31, Bainbridge, criminal use of an article with an altered identification (serial numbers missing), carrying pistol without license, carrying a concealed weapon, BPS;
• Cirilo Gonzalez Rodea, 41, Tallahassee, Fla., driving while license suspended or revoked, speeding, BPS;
• Brian Glenn, 30, Marietta, Ga., tail lights required, driving while license suspended or revoked, DUI, BPS;
• Jewell Anthony Green, 57, Quincy, Fla., driving while license suspended or revoked, SO;
• Saulo Perez, 24, 816 Water St., Bainbridge, shoplifting (first offense), BPS;
• Pablo Vazquez, 24, unknown, Bainbridge, shoplifting (first offense), BPS;
• Charles Laroy Harrell, 39, 2826 Open Pond Road, Whigham, DUI (first offense), failure to maintain lane, open container, SO;
• Isaac Mckinzie, 75, Pahokee, Fla., failure to appear—original charge driving while license suspended and improper backing, probation violation—original charge DUI and open container, SO.
Taylor Seay can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephone at (229) 246-2827, Ext. 113.