School board meeting WednesdayPublished 10:27am Monday, February 11, 2013
The Decatur County Board of Education will have several meetings Wednesday, Feb. 13. All meetings will be held at the Decatur County Schools Support Center, located at 507 Martin St. in west Bainbridge.trace
The first meeting is a called meeting, starting at 2:30 p.m. The sole item on this meeting’s agenda is the “SACS/AdvancED district accreditation exit report.”
A work session will be held at 4 p.m., with the following agenda:
• Review District SACS Final Documents.
• Budget Update — Tim Matthews/Dr. Rayfield.
• BHS Solar Power/STEM Opportunity — Heath McLaughlin, SOLON Corporation.
• Distribute — Superintendent Evaluation Instrument.
• Executive Session for Personnel.
A regular board meeting will then be held at 5 p.m., with the following action items on the agenda:
• Recommend adoption of 2013-2014 school calendar.
• Recommend approval of Transportation Department Surplus Property List.
• Recommend approval of personnel.
Because the school board is meeting Wednesday, it will not have a regularly-scheduled Thursday meeting in February.