Man charged with making meth
Published 7:37 pm Tuesday, January 20, 2009
A Decatur County man was arrested last Friday after Sheriff’s investigators found materials used to make the illegal drug known as “meth” at his home.
William Curtis Ezell, 32, of 990 Old Pelham Road, Bainbridge, was charged with manufacturing methamphetamines, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug-related items, illegal possession of a controlled substance, and a parole violation on the original charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
According to an incident report, Capt. Chip Nix and other Sheriff’s investigators visited Ezell at his home Friday afternoon after receiving complaints Ezell was in possession having a lot of pills containing pseudophedrine, a principal ingredient of meth.
Email newsletter signup
After being confronted, Ezell showed Nix and Investigator Redell Walton an air vent in which they found meth, items with meth on them and needles. Ezell consented to a further search of his home, in which the deputies, including Investigator Julian Crowder, found digital scales, suspected meth, suspected marijuana and other suspected drug-related items.
Ezell, who also goes by the alias of “Billy Ezell,” has prior Decatur County felony convictions of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of cocaine, according to a database maintained by the Georgia Department of Corrections at its Web site, www.dcor.state.ga.us
House fire under investigation
The Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Saturday afternoon fire as possibly having a suspicious cause, according to an incident report.
Fire destroyed a residence at 210 King Road. The homeowner stated he had left his residence at approximately 11 a.m. and then returned at approximately 2:30 p.m. to find the home engulfed in flames. The cause of the fire was unable to be determined.
Arrests & Citations
The following arrests and citations, a partial list of those occurring between Jan. 14-20, have been reported by Bainbridge Public Safety and the Decatur County Jail:
• Judy Williams, 49, 114 Harden St., Bainbridge, no insurance, expired tag, BPS;
• Miza Marchelle Adams, 25, 728 S. Sims St., Bainbridge, no insurance, BPS;
• Javarrus Montell Lawrence, 18, 105 Dow Jones Road, Bainbridge, shoplifting, BPS;
• Jamar Rapheal Baker, 20, Panama City, Fla., possession of marijuana (misdemeanor), giving false information/name, SO;
• Travis Allen Bright, 48, Marianna, Fla., DUI, driving on wrong side of road, GSP;
• Michael Eugene Brown, 29, 924 Japonica Drive, Bainbridge, probation violation—original charge of aggravated battery, SO;
• James Burke Jr., 36, Panama City, Fla., DUI (marijuana), failure to maintain lane, GSP;
• George Sanders Carlton, 55, 1209 Center St., Bainbridge, probation violation—original charge sale of marijuana, SO;
• Danny Lee Casteel, 44, 712 Washington St., Bainbridge, probation violation—original charge sale of marijuana, SO;
• Terandy O’Neal Collston, 18, 168 Melissa Drive, Bainbridge, burglary, SO;
• Reginald Tavarous Collston, 19, 168 Melissa Drive, burglary, SO;
• Rosetta Davis, 35, 108 S. Sims St., Bainbridge, deposit account fraud, SO;
• Raymond Douglas French, 57, 3591 Lake Douglas Road, Climax, aggravated assault (two counts), fleeing/attempting to elude police officer, SO;
• Daniel Scott Glass, 44, 2554 Lake Douglas Road, Bainbridge, possession of marijuana (misdemeanor), SO;
• Sheila Denise Green, 35, 936 Cooper St., Bainbridge, failure to appear—on charges of seat belt violation and driving while license suspended, BPS.