BHS boys compete at state track meetPublished 6:19pm Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Although no Bainbridge High School boys track competitors scored points at the state track meet in Jefferson, Ga., Chase Harris did set a new school record for the 1,600-meter run.
Harris finished in 10th place in the 1,600-meter run, with a time of 4 minutes, 30.38 seconds. Winning runner Patrick Fleming of Pope High School finished in a time of 4:15.58. Harris also finished 12th in the 3,200-meter run, with a time of 9:52.40.
Bainbridge’s 4-by-400 relay team of A.J. Miller, Jovante Ross, Derek Allen and Terry Lewis, finished in 15th place with a time of 3:48.38.
Other Bearcats who competed at the state meet, which was held Thursday, May 2, through Saturday, May 4, included:
• Dominic Douglas — 13th in the high jump, 6 feet even.
• A.J. Miller — 14th in the 400-meter dash, 51.61 seconds.
• Derek Allen — 15th in the 110-meter hurdles, 16.82 seconds; 16th in the 300-meter hurdles, 44.89 seconds.
• Terry Lewis — 15th in the 100-meter dash, 11.39 seconds.
• Stephen Johnson — 16th in the triple jump, 41 feet, 1 inch.