Littleton’s 1st spring practice MondayPublished 12:38pm Friday, May 3, 2013
Bainbridge High School Bearcats fans will soon get their first look at how new football coach Jeff Littleton plans to run his program.
The Bearcats will begin their spring practice schedule Monday, and then will practice over the next two weeks. Spring practice will conclude with an intra-squad scrimmage at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19.
All practices will be held on the BHS practice field at the school, and the public is invited to attend.
Littleton, 42, was hired Thursday, March 21, to replace former coach Ed Pilcher, who had resigned. Littleton is the former defensive coordinator at Cairo, and Pilcher is now the head coach at Berrien County.
Although the 2013 football schedule has not yet been finalized, it is tentatively set. The Bearcats will host Chamblee in a pre-season scrimmage game on Friday, Aug. 23, and then open regular season play against visiting East Gadsden on Friday, Aug. 30.
The rest of the schedule is as follows. It is subject to change:
• Friday, Sept. 6 — Bainbridge at Cairo, 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 13 — Early County at Bainbridge, 8 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 20 — Bainbridge at Westlake, 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 27 — Open date
• Friday, Oct. 4 — Thomas County Central at Bainbridge, 8 p.m., region game
• Friday, Oct. 11 — Harris County at Bainbridge, 8 p.m., region game
• Friday, Oct. 18 — Bainbridge at Hardaway, 7:30 p.m., region game
• Friday, Oct. 25 — Northside-Columbus at Bainbridge, 8 p.m., region game
• Friday, Nov. 1 — Bainbridge at Dothan (Ala.), 8 p.m. Eastern time
• Friday, Nov. 8 — Bainbridge at Lee County, 7:30 p.m., region game