Keep your kids safe this Halloween!Published 8:00am Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Halloween is tonight, and there are still countless kids who enjoy dressing up in costumes and going door-to-door to trick-or-treat. However, follow these tips from the Centers for Disease Control, to stay safe.
• Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with an adult.
• Use reflective tape on costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
• Examine all treats for choking hazards or tampering. Eat candy in moderation.
• Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating, if it is too dark to see.
• Only walk on sidewalks, if at all possible.
• Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips or falls.
• Only visit well-lit houses.
• Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Don’t accept homemade treats made by strangers.
For more tips about having a safe Halloween, visit online at www.cdc.gov/family/halloween