Breast Cancer Awareness Month EventsPublished 8:09am Friday, September 21, 2012
• The Post-Searchlight will print its pink special section in the Saturday, Sept. 29 issue, in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The section will include stories about breast cancer survivors and pay tribute to those who have lost their battle with cancer within the past year.
• Also on Saturday, Sept. 29, the Decatur County Breast Cancer Support Group will hold an “In the Pink” luncheon and fashion show at noon in the J.O. Smith Activities Building at First United Methodist Church in Bainbridge. Tickets are $15 and are available from the Bank of Decatur County and the Bainbridge Vision Clinic. For more information, contact (229) 246-8846.
• Wednesday, Oct. 17 — A breast cancer awareness lunch and learn will be presented at the Kirbo Center at Bainbridge College from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., with guest speakers, free lunch and door prizes. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (229) 243-6187.
• Bainbridge High School students, teachers, parents and fans will commemorate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with a 2nd annual “Pink Out” game on Oct. 19. The BHS Bearcats will play Hardaway of Columbus. Football team boosters are selling Bearcat “Pink Out” T-shirts in advance of the game.
• Saturday, October 27, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the Bainbridge-Decatur County YMCA will hold a “Party in Pink” Zumbathon Event. Tickets are $5.