Students honored at 4-H awards banquetPublished 12:45pm Friday, September 14, 2012
Dozens of local youths were honored Thursday night during Decatur County 4-H awards banquet, held at the Cloud Livestock Facility.minority
The guest speaker for the banquet was Erin Burnett, the Southwest District Representative to the Georgia 4-H Board of Directors. Burnett is a high-school student from Mitchell County.
Burnett congratulated the students for their participation in Decatur County 4-H.
“We are not a club, we are a family,” she said. “You are engaged, active, and interested. That’s what makes a great 4-H member.”
Burnett said that 4-H members who complete Project Achievement — a 4-H project that entails both an essay and a public-speaking appearance — are 22 percent more likely to be college graduates than their peers.
“When you go out into the world, take these positive 4-H values with you,” she said.
Students who were recognized for their activities throughout the year were as follows:
• Land Judging Team — Stennes Austinson, Levi Adkins and Josiah Austinson.
• Forestry Judging Team — Levi Adkins, Anders Austinson, Branch Austinson, Josiah Austinson, Journey Austinson, Stennes Austinson, Jacob Christie, Joshua Lane and Shelby Lane.
• Modified Trap Target Challenge competitors — Colby Boyett, Matthew Boyett, Nicholas Boyett, Landen Bryant, Kyle Funderburke, Brenden Green, Jacob Hall, James Harrell, Carson Inlow, Ryan Jordan, Justin Maxwell, Dustin Moore, Chason Phillips, Daniel Poitevint, Cody Powell, Spencer Shreves, Maclane Suber, Chason Webster, James Wilson and Tyler Allen.
• Wildlife Judging Team — Levi Adkins, Anders Austinson, Branch Austinson, Josiah Austinson, Journey Austinson, Stennes Austinson, Jacob Christie, Joshua Lane and Shelby Lane.
• Georgia National Fair — Anders Austinson, Branch Austinson, Josiah Austinson, Journey Austinson, Alexandra McLendon, Savannah Padgett, Bethanie Robinson, Abigail Warren and Mattie Winburn.
• Livestock Show Team — Bo Bailey, Taylor Barber, Michaele Bryant, Lexie Delbrey, Natalie Edmunds, Rachel Hayes, Miller Hayes, Griffin Long, Carlton Lynn, Alexandra McLendon, Thomas Neal, Brannon Parker, Heath Parker, Cody Powell, Cabe Rathel, Bailey Rayfield, Bethanie Robinson, Chloe Vuncannon, Lelia Wolfe, Landen Bryant and Rebecca Wilson.
• Archery Target Challenge competitors — Bryson Arthur, Stennes Austinson, Mason Birdsong, Perry Birdsong, Jackson Conley, Wright Cook, Brannon Fagan, Chaz Gay, Matthew Green, Miles Green, Calen Greene, Haydn Griffin, Carson Harrell, Trace Haywood, Dillon Horne, Britt Jones, Jake Jones, Luke Jones, Kameron Landeen, Townsend Livingston, John Maples, Luke McConnell, Parker Miller, Devin Morris, Takahri Murphy, Savannah Padgett, Chason Webster, Christopher Webster and Brandon Barber.
• Poultry Judging Team — Levi Adkins, Anders Austinson, Branch Austinson, Josiah Austinson, Journey Austinson, Stennes Austinson, Jacob Christie, Brady Hatcher, Michael Hatcher, Sidney Hatcher, Joshua Lane, Shelby Lane, Madison Stanley, Abigail Warren and John Paul Warren.
• Livestock Judging Team — Heath Parker, Miller Hayes, Griffin Long, Charley Rayfield, Anders Austinson, Levi Adkins, Josiah Austinson and Stennes Austinson.
• 4-H State Council — Levi Adkins, Josiah Austinson, Stennes Austinson and Alexandra McLendon.
• Project Achievement — Branch Austinson, Journey Austinson, Scout Hixenbaugh, Erin Spooner, Abigail Warren, Mattie Winburn, Anders Austinson, Savannah Padgett, Levi Adkins, Stennes Austinson, Josiah Austinson and Alexandra McLendon.
• 4-H20 Camp — Journey Austinson, Branch Austinson, Taylor Barber, Sandy Baker, Jacob Christie, Nikhalia Frazier, Bethanie Robinson, Abigail Warren and John Paul Warren.
• 4-H Camp — Bryson Arthur, Taylor Barber, Michaele Bryant, Branch Butler, Amber Byrd, Crystal Carvajal, Natalie Edmonds, Nakhalia Frazier, Haydn Griffin, Scout Hixenbaugh, Lawson Humphrey, John Willis Maples, Alexandra McLendon, Mattie Winburn and Savannah Padgett.