Church news for 7/14Published 5:39am Friday, July 13, 2012
• Salem Baptist Church — The church, located on Open Pond Road, will celebrate its 162nd year with the Gary Barnes Family from Carrollton, Ga., preaching and singing “the old-time way” for this homecoming. The Sunday morning service is July 15 at 10 a.m., followed by lunch. Evening services continue at 7 p.m. through July 18.
• New Salem Freewill Baptist Church — The church, located at 2574 Spring Creek Road, will observe Family and Friends Day on Sunday, July 15, at the 11 a.m. service.
• Bethel A.M.E. Church — The church, located at 204 N. Griffin Ave., in Attapulgus, will have a presentation of “Fruit of the Spirit” on Sunday, July 15, at 3 p.m., sponsored by the Women Missionary Society.
• New Harvest Outreach Ministries — The church, located at 411 Donaldson St., in Bainbridge, will have a Fruit of the Spirit program on Sunday, July 15, beginning at 4 p.m.
• Lily Hill M.B. Church — The church, located in Climax, will celebrate its annual revival from Monday, July 16, through Wednesday, July 18, at 7:30 p.m., with the Rev. Henry Flowers III as guest speaker.
• Nelson Chapel A.M.E. Church — The church, located at 640 Hall St., will hold vacation Bible School with the theme, “Fishin’ on a Mission with Jesus,” July 16-20 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. nightly. There will be fun-filled and inspirational classes for all age levels.
• Bethlehem Freewill Baptist Church — The church, located at 1810 S. West St., will hold its annual revival July 16-20 at 7:30 p.m. nightly. All women should wear white on Wednesday Mission Night. Bishop Frederick Williams, of Albany, Ga., will be leading services.
• Faith Life Ministries — The church, located at 335 Colquitt Highway, in Eldorendo, will hold a revival July 25-27 at 7:30 p.m. nightly with Pastor Bobby Daniels leading services.
• Heaven on Earth Church of God in Christ — The church, located at 610 E. Plain St., in Donalsonville, will hold the summer revival starting Wednesday, July 25, through Friday, July 27, at 7:30 p.m. The revivalist will be co-pastor Brenda Peterson of Vision Faith Outreach Ministries. For more information, contact Tykeia Beard at (229) 254-1514 or Dr. Florence Harrell at (850) 539-8441.
• Southwest Baptist Church — The church, located at 1101 Faceville Highway, in Bainbridge, will have their homecoming Sunday, July 29. Morning worship is at 10:30 a.m., with Donnie Hollis of St. Petersburg, Fla., bringing the message. Lunch will follow.
• Jakin United Methodist Church — The church will be the first site of a Revival featuring former Pastor Ramon Hernandez, on July 29 at 6 p.m. Iron City UMC will be the second site on July 30, at 7 p.m., and the event will conclude July 31, at 7 p.m., at the Brinson UMC.
• Disciples of Jesus Ministries — The church, located at 1630 Bethel Road, will observe its Ushers’ Anniversary on Aug. 9-10 at 7:30 p.m., with Pastor Tommy Williams, of Thomasville, Ga., as guest speaker on Aug. 9, and Pastor Leonard Cooper, of Iron City, Ga., on Aug. 10, and concluding Aug. 11, at 11:30 a.m., with Evangelist Mildred Bundage, of Pensacola, Fla.