Church News for 6/2Published 5:16am Friday, June 1, 2012
• E.D.E.N. International Ministries — The church, located at 2550 Old Whigham Road, Bainbridge, will hold the First Friday Gospel Explosion on Friday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.
• Pilgrim Rest M.B. Church — The church, located at 849 Martin Luther King Dr., Bainbridge, will have a prayer breakfast on Saturday, June 2, at 9 a.m. A donation of $8 per person is requested.
• Pine Hill M.B. Church — The church, located at 1048 Pine Hill Road, is sponsoring an afternoon “Chari-Tea” Fellowship on Saturday, June 2, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kirbo Center, as a fundraiser for the Bainbridge Oncology Support Team. The speaker will be Missy Rollins. For tickets, call Helen Sanders at (229) 246-3628 or Tynesee Butler at (229) 220-4420.
• Pilgrim Rest M.B. Church—The church, located at 849 MLK Jr. Drive, will host a Gospel Explosion on June 2 at 6 p.m. as a fund raiser to support a heart transplant for Franretha Love. Choirs and dance teams are welcomed to participate.
• Antioch M.B. Church — The church, located in Brinson, will celebrate the 19th choir anniversary on Sunday, June 3, beginning at 3 p.m.
• Southwest Baptist Church — The church, located at 1101 Faceville Highway, will have Vacation Bible School from Sunday, June 3, to Thursday, June 7. Classes are 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. nightly.
• St. Thomas M.B. Church — The church, located at 198 Edward Road, Fowlstown, will have a youth revival June 6-8 at 7 p.m. nightly. The theme is “Rallying the Troops to March with Jesus.” Elder Nathaniel Nicholson of Tallahassee will be the evangelist.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church — The church located on Vada Road, Climax, will host the Young at Heart monthly social on Friday, June 8, at 6:30 p.m. Contact Deborah Bennett at (229) 246-7282 or Vonnie Hatcher at (229) 336-1828 for details.
• Greater Mt. Calvary First Born Church — The church, located at 417 E. Broad St., Climax, will hold a yard sale in the parking lot on Saturday, June 9, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Second Elizabeth M.B. Church — The church, located at 2718 Attapulgus Highway, in Quincy, Fla., will celebrate the 21st anniversary of the Church Youth Ministry on Sunday, June 10, at 11 a.m. The guest church and minister is Kingdom Harvest Ministries with Rev. Randall Hines, of Attapulgus.
• Mt. Zuma M.B. Church — The church, located at 2015 Vada Road, Bainbridge, will have an appreciation service for Rev. and Mrs. Harry Mitchell Sr. on Sunday, June 10, at 3 p.m. with Rev. Walter White Jr. of Dothan, Ala., as the guest speaker. Dinner will be served.
• Liberty Baptist Church—The church, located at 2909 Vada Road, will hold Vacation Bible School on June 10-14. Supper at 5:30 p.m. and classes ages 3 years to 12th grade from 6-9 p.m.
• New Birth Worship Center — The church, located at 1701 Bethel Road, Bainbridge, will hold a Prophetic Service on June 10 at 7 p.m.
• Highway Free Will Baptist Church — The church, located at 3376 Dothan Road, Brinson, will host a homecoming on June 10. Services are at 10:30 a.m. with, Rev. S.E. Newberry of Quincy, Fa., as the guest speaker. A covered dish will follow the services and singing begins at 1:30 p.m., featuring The Regals.
• St. Thomas M.B. Church — The church, located at 198 Edward Road, Fowlstown, will hold the 2012 Men’s Day Celebration on June 10 at 3 p.m., with Rev. Mark Wilkerson and Pilgrim Rest M.B. Church as guest speaker.
• E.D.E.N. International Ministries — The church, located at 2550 Old Whigham Road, Bainbridge, will hold services Friday, June 29, at 7 p.m., a banquet on Saturday, June 20, at 6 p.m., and Sunday, July 1, at 4 p.m., all in honor of the second pastoral anniversary of Dr. Calvin L. Lewis. Banquet is $20 per person.
• Calvary Baptist Church — The church, located at 601 Chason St., will be the site for the fourth annual Patriotic Celebration, to be held on Sunday, July 1. Musicians and singers are needed to participate in this celebration of God and country, which is open to all citizens of Decatur County. Please contact Art Bruce at (229) 400-7070 for details and how you and or your church choir may participate.