We, the perishingPublished 10:52am Friday, December 31, 2010
This younger generation cannot remember the days when we didn’t have wall-to-wall carpet, thermostats and central heating.
We had to turn off the space heaters at night, because we were afraid we would be overcome with the fumes. The rooms would then get colder; we would have to throw on more blankets if we had them.
Things today are much different with all the government programs that people can go to for assistants.
A veteran Washington correspondent of the London Daily Express said, “America is a great swarming ant heap of a country in the jumbo swirl of riches and plenty. It’s all here heaped up and overflowing, with TVs, computers, Internet, air-conditioners, super automobiles, etc., and everything is painless and effortless, and often as not, brainless.”
“Everyday 45 million aspirins, 20 million sleeping tablets, and 20 million wake-up tablets are swallowed. Doctors write 40 million prescriptions a year for tranquilizers. It seems that we need pills, to wake us up, and to put us to steep and pills to keep us going in-between. Spiritually hungry, we fill our stomachs, longing for peace; we take pills, praying for security, we go out and earn money. So many today demand relaxation reaching for mind-altering drugs or alcohol to get drunk, those needing God, worship the devil. Those needing heaven, they will take hell. Those needing salvation will choose sin.”
America is literally flooded with light. There are more Bibles then there has ever been, more preaching, more churches, more broadcast, and more publications and still America is lost.
The full purpose of the Bible is to tell the story of the age old question. “What must I do with my life, why am I here?”
This Book, the Bible, has and gives us the answer, but as we know more people are reading it then ever before. But to them it just doesn’t make sense.
The gospel is a puzzle to say the least. Jesus told his disciples (Matthew 13: 10-11), “It is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.”
The Apostle Paul wrote in 1st Corinthians 3:7-12 the following:
7) So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth but God that giveth the increase.
8) Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9) For we are laborers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
10) According to the grace of God, which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; This spirit Paul is talking about is the same spirit Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus in (St. John 3:1-7). Jesus said, “Marvel not that I said unto thee ye must be born again.”
The theologians say that it is a book of myths. They know much about its writers and its history, but nothing about its spirit, its message or its power.
The Bible has been modernized to make it up to date. The gospel has been streamlined to make it more popular. The tragic result is that people are lost, and lost in the very light of God’s word.
When were the Disciples born again of water and the spirit?
Jesus told his disciples ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. In Acts 1:8, Jesus said ye shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you. The disciples went to Jerusalem as Jesus had instructed them (Acts 2:1-4).
There were about 120, including the mother of Jesus in that upper mom (Acts 2:4) says they were all filled with the Holy Ghost. The onlookers that were there asked Peter what they must do to be saved. He told them in Acts 2:38 to Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receiver the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?
(Acts 2:39 says “For the promise is unto you and to your children, and to all that are afar off even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”